The laboratory forms an integral part of a good healthcare planning and delivery. It has an essential role in the surveillance, prevention, control, diagnosis, research and management of diseases of public health importance.
A reliable, integral and well managed laboratory is essential if:
- An accurate quality of community healthcare and district health management are to achieved and sustained.
- The community is to have confidence in its health service
The laboratory also plays a vital role in all the clinical diagnosis and aids in the management of diseases. Good laboratory practice therefore is important in all health institutions and needs to be given the necessary attention.
- We lead the market in the accuracy, precision and reliability of its results.
- We use fully automated analyzers which are supplied by highly recommended international companies and regularly maintained.
- Each laboratory procedure describes the following;
- Objectives in performing the test
- Basic principles of the method
- Reagents and equipment required
- Step by step procedures for preparing the test and calculating the results
- Special precautions or patients preparations to consider
- Test controls
- Reporting format and reference values
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT OF THE LABORATORY
We are committed to providing services of the highest quality, taking into consideration the needs and requirements of its users.
In order to ensure that the needs and requirements of its users are met, the laboratory will:
- Operate a quality management system to migrate the organization procedures, processes and resources.
- Ensure that all personnel are familiar with the quality policy, the quality manual and all the standard operating procedures relevant to their work so as to ensure user satisfaction
- Uphold professional values and be committed to good professional practice and conduct.
To provide a comprehensive research based healthcare comprising warm reception and sound clinical care that ensures that patients rehabilitation to collaborate with other stakeholders in the health sector providing quality healthcare to cherished clients irrespective of color, race, socio-cultural or regional affiliation to build excellent client focused interpersonal relationships in a friendly environment where clients are treated special and each team member’s contribution is appropriate.
A modern centre for excellence providing comprehensive healthcare in a clean and healthy environment by all well-trained, motivated and highly professional staff.
The scope of services as offered by the laboratory is in the disciplines of;
- Clinical chemistry
This assures our patients of the highest standard of quality healthcare service the first time, each time and every time.